International Faculty Development SeminarsThrough The Glavin Office's education abroad organizational partnerships, Babson faculty may take advantage of International Faculty Development Seminars around the world. When attending an international seminar, faculty will:
- Attend lectures by faculty and experts from prestigious institutions.
- Visit fascinating locations linked to academic content.
- Share ideas and shape conclusions on subjects uniquely relevant to the world today.
- Collaborate with local organizations and top institutions to test theoretical concepts and experience solutions to current challenges in action.
- Participate in a workshop specially designed to help you to apply your experience on your own campus.
CIEE: Council on International Education & Exchange
CIEE offers 31 International Faculty Development Seminars (IFDS) during the Spring, Winter and Summer terms. Example program these include: Community Development & Social Justice in the Favela of Rio de Janeiro, The Business of Bollywood or Intersections of Business & Culture in the UAE.
Since Babson is an IES Abroad Associate Member Institution, Babson faculty can participate in IES Abroad's Faculty Development Seminars at a reduced cost. IES Abroad seminars are designed to bring together U.S. faculty, international faculty, and local experts for an intellectual exchange of ideas. From language pedagogy workshops to seminars that explore recent changes in the E.U., IES Abroad seminars explore a wide-range of academic topics and attract many experts.
If you are interested in applying to an International Faculty Development Seminar through CIEE, IES Abroad or others, please contact The Glavin Office for additional information.