Financing Your Education Abroad ExperienceStudying abroad is an investment in your future. Like any investment, it requires careful planning and management. The following information is provided to assist prospective and current study abroad applicants in planning and financing their international experience.
Semester and Academic Year Abroad
- Under our home school tuition model, all students studying abroad for a semester or academic year are billed Babson tuition for the term they are abroad.
- All other non-tuition costs (housing, meals, etc.) are paid by the student directly to the host program.
- Total cost of attendance varies by program. Please contact your Education Abroad Advisor for program specific cost information.
- Tuition is billed by and paid directly to Student Financial Services. For more information on the tuition costs, contact Student Financial Services.
- Elective Abroad Program Fee (in some cases students are required to pay a program fee when participating in JMCFE) is billed by and paid directly to the Glavin Office. Accepted students will be required to complete, sign and submit a Program Fee Payment Agreement.
- For detailed Elective Abroad/JMCFE program fees, please check the specific program brochure.
- Students currently receiving institutional and/or federal/state aid are eligible to use that aid toward their education abroad tuition and/or program fees.
- Students receiving financial aid are encouraged to meet with Student Financial Services counselor before committing to an education abroad program.
There a number of scholarship and grant opportunities to help fund your education abroad experience. It is up to you investigate these opportunities and determine your eligibility. The links below are a great place to start!
Babson College Education Abroad Grant
External Education Abroad Scholarships and Grants