Financing Your Education Abroad Experience
Studying abroad is an investment in your future. Like any investment, it requires careful planning and management. The following information is provided to assist prospective and current study abroad applicants in planning and financing their international experience.
Program CostSummer, Semester and Academic Year Abroad
- Under our home school tuition model, all students studying abroad for a summer, semester or academic year are billed Babson tuition for the term they are abroad.
- All other non-tuition costs (housing, meals, etc.) are paid by the student directly to the host program.
- Total cost of attendance varies by program. Please contact your Education Abroad Advisor for program specific cost information.
- Tuition is billed by and paid directly to Student Financial Services. For more information on the tuition costs, contact Student Financial Services.
- Elective Abroad Program Fee (in some cases students are required to pay a program fee when participating in JMCFE) is billed by and paid directly to the Glavin Office. Accepted students will be required to complete, sign and submit a Program Fee Payment Agreement.
- For detailed Elective Abroad/JMCFE program fees, please check the specific program brochure.
- Students currently receiving institutional and/or federal/state aid are eligible to use that aid toward their education abroad tuition and/or program fees.
- Students currently receiving institutional and/or federal/state aid may be eligible for a $2,000 Babson College Education Abroad Grant.
- Students receiving financial aid are encouraged to meet with Student Financial Services counselor before committing to an education abroad program.
Fall 2016 Information Sessions
Financing Abroad 101
Learn more about ways to prepare financially for your education abroad experience.
Why? Because you can’t afford to NOT study abroad.
What we’ll cover: Babson need-based grants, study abroad scholarships, cost and billing, budgeting while abroad, creative funding and more!
Friday, September 30th at 1:30pm, Reynolds 245 A/B
Friday, November 11th at 1:30pm, Reynolds 245 A/B
Gilman Scholarship Information Sessions:
The Glavin Office holds information sessions for the Gilman scholarship about two weeks prior to each deadline.
There a number of scholarship and grant opportunities to help fund your education abroad experience. It is up to you investigate these opportunities and determine your eligibility.
The application deadline for Spring 2017 is October 4, 2016. For more information about the scholarship and how to complete a successful application, please come to one of the following sessions:
Friday, September 16th at 1:30pm, Glavin Office Conference Room
Monday, October 3rd, at 2:30pm, Glavin Conference Room
Scholarships and Grants
Recommended Opportunities for Education, Elective, and Service Abroad:
BROWSE SCHOLARSHIP & GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
The links below are also a great place to start!