Your Student's Responsibilities
Preparing for a study abroad is “paperwork intensive” and detail-orientated, there’s just no way around it! It is also incredibly rewarding and may be the most memorable part of your student’s college education, so we believe the hard work is worth it!
In preparation for your student’s study abroad program, your student should be mindful and responsible for the following:
- Reading and saving ALL emails and materials that we and the host program/institutions send.
- Completing and returning forms (for housing, course registrations, etc.) by the deadlines.
- Arranging the payment of tuition and other program costs through financial aid.
- Making travel arrangements to arrive at (and depart from) the specific location in order to fully participate in the program.
- Applying for a passport, visa, and/or any additional immigration documents if applicable.
- Corresponding directly with the host program/institution for specific questions relating to their program.
- Arranging on-site housing (either prior to departure or upon arrival with the help of the host program/institution).
- Selecting courses and making sure all courses are approved by Babson.
- Scheduling any necessary medical check-ups, obtaining required immunizations, and/or filling prescriptions (if applicable).