Skip to content

Health Insurance & Medical Assistance


All Babson College students are required to carry adequate medical insurance coverage for the duration of their time abroad.

The medical insurance that you carry while participating in an approved program abroad must meet both Babson College’s standards as well as the Massachusetts State Requirements.  It is your responsibility to research your health insurance policy to ensure it covers you abroad.

You may also be required to purchase national health care coverage in their host country for the duration of their overseas program.

The Glavin Office of Multicultural & International Education will provide students on approved education abroad programs with International SOS for the duration of your overseas program or course.  International SOS coverage provides 24-hour worldwide assistance and emergency services designed to supplement and integrate with Babson’s services, procedures and policies.

For more information on health insurance requirements for the Education Abroad Program you are a participant on, please contact the Glavin Office at 781-239-4565. We are happy to assist you with your questions or provide you with resources.